What is the Average Software Developer Salary Around the UE 2021?
The pandemic has fueled the digital market more than ever. Companies spend a lot of money to select the best engineers and achieve their goals. In particular, those related to digitization and automation of everything possible. This can be seen in particular in the average wages across Europe.
Let us take a closer look at the individual countries in 2021 by payscale.com:
What is the average salary of a software engineer in Europe in 2021?
According to the Payscale salary comparison, the highest-paid software engineer country in Europe is Switzerland – $ 95,394, Norway – $ 64,202, and Denmark – $ 72,151 per year. The average monthly salary for a programmer in the above countries is $ 7,949 in Switzerland, $ 5,350 in Norway, and $ 6,012 in Denmark.
The highest average programmer salary by country in Europe is $ 60,162 for Germany, while in the Netherlands the salary drops to $ 54,025 per year. The average salary of a computer engineer in Sweden, Finland and France ranges from $ 46,000 to $ 54,000 per year.
The highest Average Software Engineer Salary in Europe 2021
- Switzerland — $95,394
- Norway — $64,202
- Denmark — $72,151
- Sweden — $51,396
- Germany — $60,162
- Netherlands — $54,025
- Finland — $49,203
- France — $46,508
Switzerland pays the highest entry-level software engineer salary – $ 87,668, while senior developers earn $ 126,849 (PayScale).
The biggest difference between the salary of a senior and junior programmer is in Switzerland, Australia, the Netherlands – from 35,000 to 46,000 USD. In Denmark, there is the smallest difference between the salary of a novice software engineer and a senior software engineer – only $ 20,000.
What is the salary of a software engineer in Germany in 2021?
According to Payscale, a software engineer in Germany earns $ 65,689 after tax. Junior software engineers have revenues of $ 62,668, while senior engineers have a salary of $ 76,407.
In Berlin, the German capital, software engineers earn more than the national average of $ 72,710.
- C ++ ($ 63,312), iOS ($ 62,733), Android ($ 61,242) software engineers have the highest earnings in Germany compared to other technologies.
- The salary of a PHP software engineer in Germany is the lowest at USD 56,777.
- The salary of a .NET, Python, Java software engineer ranges from $ 60,949 (for .NET) to $ 59,544 (for Python).
- C # developer salary in Germany is $ 57,124.
- The average salary of a Full-Stack developer in Germany is $ 61,174 per year.
Software Programmer Salary in Norway in 2021
According to PayScale, the average developer’s salary in Norway is NOK 547,248. Junior dev earns NOK 488,934 on average, middle dev earns NOK 598,947 per year, while senior developer salary in Norway is NOK 723,049. The average programmer salary in Oslo is NOK 602,669 – higher than the national average, according to Glassdoor.
Software programmer salary in Norway by programming language
- PHP software developer salary in Norway is the lowest among other technologies — only $53,753.
- iOS software programmer salary in Norway is $58,659.
- C++ developer salary is $64,935.
- Python and Android developer salary in Norway is around $70K.
- C# and .NET software programmer salary in Norway range from $67,450 to $69,705 accordingly.
- Java developer salary in Norway is the highest — $72,283.
Software Programmer Salary in Poland in 2021
According to PayScale, the average developer’s salary in Poland is PLN 99,248. Junior dev earns PLN 48,884 on average, middle dev earns PLN 93,347 per year, while senior developer salary in Poland is PLN 149,049.
Software programmer salary in Poland by programming language
- PHP software developer salary in Poland is the lowest among other technologies — only $16,429.
- iOS software programmer salary in Poland is $2,5042.
- C++ developer salary is $30,421.
- Python and Android developer salary in Poland is around 24,864.
- C# and .NET software programmer salary in Poland range from $25,993 to $28,595 accordingly.
- Java developer salary in Poland is the highest — $30,011.
There are significant increases in programmers’ salaries in all European countries. Therefore, it is worth considering the market in which we are looking for candidates. Often, by investing an employee from the market with lower wages, we can save a lot of money without losing the quality of the code.